The easiest way to tackle the blank panel/canvas was to try doodling using some materials* and the end results were very pleasing in terms of effects.
The surface was cold and you did need to put something under your hand as you drew for your own comfort and to avoid smudging - as per their blog post.
Biro was the only thing that seemed reluctant (and unpleasant to use) . Bingo dabbers and posca pens seemed a bit duller but the other tools created a lovely vibrancy when used. Posca pens layered seemed to be better.
It would be lovely to carry these panels around as well as a sketchbook but may be impractical to do so every day.
- Posca pen
- Faber castel pitt pens (fine and bold)
- Sharpie pen
- Pentel brush pen
- Sailor fude pen
- Lamy green pen
- Watercolours (Winsor and Newton)
- Watercolour pens (Winsor and Newton)
- Watercolour pencils (with and without water)
- Biro (unsuccessful)
- Bingo dabbers
- Pentel stylo
- Gouache (designer) Winsor and Newton